New designers and even established brands are faced with several challenges, when trying to enter or grow in the tee shirt and casual gear market;
- Finding reliable fabric supplier that does not require large minimum orders.
- Finding a CMT company that is reliable, high quality and with quick turn-around times.
- Finding a suitable printer/embroiderer.
- Finding someone to do the final quality checking, the ironing and the folding.
- Finding someone to apply the swing tags and do the packaging.
- Where will the stock be warehoused?
- When there is a quality issue, who takes responsibility? (Often, the various suppliers blame each other, and you are left carrying the can.)
- How does the stock get delivered to the customer?
- How do you receive money from the client?
Taking care of all these processes is time consuming, costly and exhausting. Instead of focusing on designing and marketing your brand, you land up spending most of your time and money on all the other processes. If you get someone else to assist you, you are incurring additional fixed costs.
This is a daunting reality that sometimes erodes the initial excitement and enthusiasm of launching and growing a successful brand.